Securely integrate development partners, suppliers and joint ventures without the risk of IP theft.
Overview of OpenDXM GlobalX
If your workforce consists of multiple partners and global vendors, OpenDXM GlobalX will securely exchange your data across company boundaries with the convenience of automated exchange directly from PLM systems. OpenDXM GlobalX industry-leading technology allows for guaranteed security and ideal communication not only within your organization but also with external partners and vendors.
OpenDXM GlobalX data exchange can be integrated with the following platforms:
- PDM/PLM systems (3DExperience, SAP ECTR, Teamcenter, Windchill, etc.)
- MS Outlook
- Windows Explorer
- Windows ‘send to’ function
- Web browser
- iOS App
Explore What OpenDXM GlobalX Can Do For You
Utilizing OpenDXM GlobalX will allow you to focus solely on your development and not have to worry about the security of your data. OpenDXM GlobalX will also allow you to complete the following initiatives:
- Send CAD documents, files, and more with a simple click from Outlook or your PDM/ PLM System
- Drag and drop CAD documents, files, and more within Windows Explorer to a secure folder for sharing
- Quickly and easily send CAD documents, files, and more using via web browser
- Automatically check and/or convert CAD data prior to being sent
- Send data in ENGDAT format via OFCCP connections
Why Use OpenDXM GlobalX?
Secure exchange needs to be both simple and easy to access. End users dislike complicated multi-step processes, and they will often forego a secure exchange altogether if it seems like too much work. This leaves your data vulnerable and exposed. PROSTEP addresses this issue by providing several user interface options to choose from for convenient and secure data exchange. Multiple integration scenarios:
- Outlook Integration
- Data exchange with Outlook integration makes it easy for you to send and receive files no matter if the size is 1GB or more than 100 GB! Your files are automatically encrypted allowing for maximum security.
- Windows “Send to” Integration
- Wouldn’t it be easy to share data – even CAD data – just by dragging and dropping? The Windows “send to” integration allows for just that by sending any amount of data in encrypted and traceable form.
- Web Browser Integration
- Data exchange so easy to operate that you can use it with the most common web browsers without any special training. This means no client software minimizing operating costs and no need for support.
- Integrated into your IT Infrastructure
- Our simple, ready to use integration components are available for different PLM, ERP and office systems. Other systems are quickly integrated with OpenDXM GlobalX via web services.
Explore The Full OpenDXM GlobalX Feature Set
• Free version available*
• Unlimited users
• Multi-lingual user interface
• Customer Specific Branding
• Certified application security thanks to penetration testing
• SSL encrypted data transfer
• Data encryption
• Transfer Manager for stable data communication
• Structured document storage
• File operations
• Personal WebSpaces
• Group WebSpaces
• Additional user accounts
• Additional storage space
• Import user data
• Gateway with batch transfer
• Remote FileVault
• Data transfer robot
• PDM integration
• CAD data conversion and data check
• OFTP/ENGDAT Support
• Rights and role management
• Access authorization
• Password protected user access
• Configurable password policy
• Integrated release workflows
• Automatic logging
• Automatic report generation
• Templates for user accounts
• Email Notifications
• Process engine for post-processing
• System monitoring
• Time-controlled maintenance
• Search functions
• Analysis of KPIs
• ADS/LDAP Authentication
• Data Backup Functions
• Microsoft Outlook Integration
• Windows Explorer Integration
• Software Maintenance
• Setup and Hotline Support
OpenDXM GlobalX FAQs
What Is CAD Data?
CAD (Computer-Aided Design) data refers to digital information and files created using specialized software tools known as CAD software. CAD software is used by engineers, architects, designers, and other professionals to create precise and detailed 2D and 3D models of objects, buildings, mechanical parts, and various other designs.
What Is ENGDAT?
An Engineering Data Message (EDM) is a type of electronic communication used in engineering and manufacturing industries to exchange technical information and data between different systems or parties. EDMs are commonly used in computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), and product data management (PDM) systems.
EDMs serve as a standardized format for transmitting engineering data, such as 2D and 3D CAD models, specifications, drawings, bills of materials, and other related information. They enable efficient and accurate data exchange between different software applications, allowing seamless collaboration and interoperability.
What Is OFCCP?
OFCCP stands for the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs. It is a regulatory agency within the United States Department of Labor. The primary responsibility of OFCCP is to enforce equal employment opportunity and affirmative action requirements for federal contractors and subcontractors.
What Are The Types of CAD Data?
CAD data can be classified into different types based on the nature and purpose of the information they represent. Here are some common types of CAD data:
Geometric Data, Assembly Data, Attribute Data, Annotation Data, Manufacturing Data, and Simulation Data.
These are some of the main types of CAD data, and depending on the specific application and industry, there may be additional types or specialized data required. CAD data serves as a comprehensive digital representation of the design, enabling visualization, analysis, and various downstream processes throughout the product development lifecycle.