Secure Data Exchange with OpenDXM GlobalX
Secure Data Exchange with OpenDXM GlobalX
Information security is non-negotiable. Without it, sensitive data that belongs to you and your customers remain exposed to unauthorized users.
Yet despite the vital importance of prioritizing data security, all too often data exchange happens on the path of least resistance—in an unsecured email account, via an unprotected file cloud, or over a vulnerable VPN.
Factors like familiarity with a program and free or low-cost file transfer cannot be your chief reasons for choosing a data exchange platform. Leveraging the most robust encryption technology available gives you a better overall plan for sharing data among authorized users in the programs you already use—and keeping unauthorized users away.
Why Secure Data Exchange Matters
You know cybercriminals are out there, but let these numbers illustrate just how large of a threat they pose to you:
- On average, the rate of hacker attacks online occurs every 39 seconds – University of Maryland
- Data breaches for publicly-traded companies cost $116 million – Compliance Week
- As the pandemic began and office work moved to the home, the FBI has reported a 300% increase in cybercrimes – IMC Grupo
- 95% of cybersecurity breaches are due to human error – CYBINT
The startling numbers indicate a need for a data security platform capable of both enterprise data protection and consumer data protection. Further, with the increasing number of remote workers, companies need stricter policies and protocols to protect against user error and exposed data in email, cloud storage drives, and other key methods of data exchange.
And there’s yet another element to add into the mix: contractors, freelancers, vendors, and other business partners outside your organization. For example, in manufacturing, external partners may perform close to 80% of your development services. A workforce of multiple partners and global vendors requires automated and secure data exchange, even when files are large or subject to industry regulations.
How to Store and Share Sensitive and Valuable Data
Patents, trade secrets, CAD data—your intellectual property (IP) sets you apart in the market and is just as valuable, if not more so, than your organization’s physical assets. It follows then that safeguarding your IP and protecting it when this data is shared between users and operating systems is essential to your company’s success.
Similarly, your information systems may hold vast amounts of personal consumer information or protected client secrets that you are legally bound to keep private. Even a single breach of that data could ruin your company’s reputation with existing and prospective customers.
- strong encryption
- encryption keys
- encryption key management
- data level encryption
- application encryption
- authorized parties
- transparent data encryption
- compliant encryption
- persistent encryption
In sum, you need a data exchange solution that offers the maximum security standards without moving away from the existing workflows you rely on for efficiency and oversight. That’s exactly what you can have with OpenDXM GlobalX.
Elevated Information Security That Works With You
OpenDXM GlobalX is a secure, compliant, and robust data exchange solution that maintains the ease of use and efficiency you’ve come to rely on.
PROSTEP’s OpenDXM GlobalX Gives you the following regardless of your data classification and use case:
- Encrypted Data – All data is encrypted with an individually generated key using hybrid encryption with a key length of up to 4096 bits for all files and file servers
- Key Management – Data resides in encrypted form in the File Vaults located at any site worldwide. The server can be located in a country of your choice, where the keys do not have to be handed over to government agencies.
- Encrypted Transfer – Data transfer within the company and via the Internet is performed using an HTTPS connection with a 256-bit encryption. The system automatically recognizes any attempt to manipulate the data during transfer and marks the data accordingly.
- Reliable Identification – Access to data is controlled using a comprehensive role and rights management system. Existing ADF/LDAP systems can be integrated for single sign-on.
ies Compliance Requirements – Because of OpenDXM GlobalX’s audit logging of all users and processes, it makes it easier for companies to provide proof of compliance with statutory and company-specific requirements.
- Data SecurityISO|IEC 27001:2013
- Certified to ISO 27001:2013 (information and IT security)
- Member of TeleTrust Association – Germany
- Certified Security by ERNW Penetration Test
OpenDXM GlobalX is the easiest to use and most secure data exchange platform for exchanging data across company borders while protecting against internal and external threats. This managed file transfer solution is globally used around the world to integrate partners and vendors into your development projects, to speed up communication, enhance collaboration, and secure your intellectual property. OpenDXM is not just limited to CAD data exchange but can exchange virtually any file size or type, including CAD data, can be exchanged in a wide variety of data exchange scenarios.
Discover OpenDXM GlobalX here and request a free trial for up to 15 of your users.