Easily automate the creation of 3D models with PMI, CAD drawings and more in HTML or PDF with PDF Generator 3D
PDF Generator 3D
Convert CAD to PDF with a 3D PDF Converter
PDF Generator 3D from PROSTEP takes your complex 3D CAD data, metadata from existing backend systems, various file formats and interactive content and turns it into dynamic PDF documents. PDF Generator 3D is a server solution that centrally manages the creation, merging, distribution and archiving of engineering product data in a single PDF document. Any CAD file can be easily converted into a more secure Adobe PDF file. Further, you can easily connect to leading PLM, ERP and ECM systems to view, manage and archive metadata and CAD files in PDF.
Manage the Creation of Adobe PDF files from a Central Server
PROSTEP PDF Generator 3D makes it easy to incorporate centralized creation of PDF files into your business applications and processes. Companies can use PDF documents as part of an archiving solution or to safely and securely share product information. PDF Generator 3D has flexible deployment options – network-monitored folders, e-mail, web user interfaces and Java APIs easily plug into existing business systems and processes. The server solution ensures that all PDF documents generated within a company are optimized for file size, level of detail and security to support established business processes, corporate guidelines and legal requirements.
3D PDF to keep Everyone Synchronized
PROSTEP’s server solution enables all your authorized users to access critical business information when they need it. Adobe Reader, which is free and already installed on most PCs, is the only thing necessary to view and edit product data and other documents. This eliminates the need for any design applications or downloading plug-ins. Adobe PDF files look exactly like the original documents and preserve source file information – including text, layout, forms, 2D drawings, 3D design and PDFM metadata – regardless of the software used to create them.
Key Benefits of Creating 3D PDFs with PDF Generator 3D
- Speed up the Product Development Cycle – PDF Generator 3D quickly automates the conversion and integration of complex 3D CAD models, product manufacturing information (PMI), parts lists, large assemblies, metadata from PDF/ERP and other product data into rich, interactive Adobe PDF files.
- Protect Your Investments with Open File Formats – Deliver documents in open and standardized formats. Take advantage of open ISO PDF standards such as ISO 32000 (PDF1.7), PDF/E and PDF/A, the ISO standard for the long-term archiving of your documents.
- Reduce Costs – PDF Generator 3D allows you to use engineering information in the upstream and downstream processes. You can use existing 3D design and related data from existing systems to start creating technical documentation, marketing material and training documents sooner to meet product launch schedules.
- Manage the Security of Your Documents – With PDF Generator 3D, you protect the confidentiality and authenticity of business-critical documents. You control who can access, print, copy modify, save and extract content from PDF documents with the optional PROSTEP PDF Generator 3D Rights Management module. By using this module, you reduce the risk associated with malicious and unintentional data loss.
- Improved Communication – With PDF Generator 3D, you can share product data in PDF files with anyone using the free Adobe Reader, enabling authorized users to view and edit product data and other documents without the need for CAD applications, CAD viewers or PDM/ERP systems.
- Additional Functions – Optional PDF Generator 3D Reader Extensions module allows you to activate useful editing functions in Adobe Reader, allowing you to annotate or measure embedded 3D models.
See how PDF Generator 3D Works
What users are saying...
3D PDF Pro software opened a whole new world for us in the way forward to go 'paperless on our assembly instructions... Our company is really excited in working with PROSTEP in implementing the visual assembly instructions on our product floor.
Johannes LiebenbergProduction Engineer
As a manager in the Core Engineering group, I'm supporting all of our customer business units, working with them during the design, tooling, testing, and launch phases. Checking out CAD drawings at all stages of the development is crucial in making sure we are creating the best products for our customers, suppliers, and operations group.
With a larger emphasis on 3D CAD data, as opposed to 2D drawings, having a tool that allows you to quickly review geometry without needing resource consuming native CAD packages such as CATIA or NX is a major advantage.
With 3D PDF, we save thousands of dollars by not having to purchase additional CAD software and translators. Plus, we can work faster because we know that we can efficiently handle any file that we receive.