What is OpenPDM Migrate?
OpenPDM Migrate is the platform that gives you the ability to organize the migration of existing PLM data from and old system to a new system via different methods depending on your use case. The platform allows you to migrate data ‘all at once’ (big bang) or if you need a longer transitional period, via temporary coexistence of the old and new systems.
With OpenPDM Migrate, you can virtually migrate any data including:
- CAD models and structures
- Item/ item revision and derived objects
- Forms, relations, datasets, and files
- BOM view revision and BOM lines
- Release status
- Change object
- Incremental changes
- Workflows and tasks
Why use OpenPDM Migrate?
Our proven connecters combined with best-in-class standards-based methodologies take the complexity out of migrations by using official system interfaces to connect and easily migrate data to PTC Windchill PLM.
- Allows multiple systems and data sources to be consolidated with packaging and parallelization of migration steps
- Bi-directional synchronization of data allows migration to be performed in smaller steps and delta information to be synchronized
- Advanced KPI reporting and migration cockpit for transparency and optimal process monitoring
- Optional CAD transformation, checking and healing
- Not only transfers data from the old system to the new system, but also (if required) adds enriched information based on other external sources such as file systems or ERP systems
- OpenPDM Migrate processes your data, brings it together, filters out the unimportant information and improves data quality
- Gives multiple options for the customer to define their migration strategy allowing you to move data and users together in order to achieve maximum performance
Learn from our experts.
Best Practices in Engineering Migrations
How it works
OpenPDM is the leading platform exclusively built to provide best in class standard access to connected systems. All connecters offer the the same interface allowing system specific technologies to be encapsulated. Only external and official standard interfaces are used guaranteeing smooth connectivity and migration of data between systems.
OpenPDM’s microservices architecture, separation of mapping engine and connectors, means you get the flexible integration of external migration tools from manufacturers including Windchill Bulk Migrator!
OpenPDM Migrate is the toolset that has proven itself in the most complex projects enabling loss-free migration of older systems to the current releases of your PLM.
PROSTEP provides PTC Windchill users the ability to integrate their data with numerous systems for end-to-end digitalization and robust bi-directional interoperability. PROSTEP leverages the following to help build the digital thread/twin amongst PTC solutions: Java RMI interface and Windchill Connector, CREO Jlink/WGM and Jlink/WGM Controller, thingworx Mashup and thingworx Connectors.
These solutions from PROSTEP form the basis of digital thread/twin integration to provide PTC Windchill users:
- Integration for bi-directional exchange of data including parts, BOM, CAD, documents, changes, configuration, and more
- Migration for the decommissioning of systems while consolidating dating in INNOVATOR via all at once (big-bang migration) or over time (co-existence)
- Federation for creating intelligent, traceable links between systems to give you real time access to data managed in other systems
- Collaboration for sharing data between different PLM and CAD systems with customers and suppliers
Leading PTC Services Partner
Our partnerships with leading PLM vendors ensure our powerful commercial off-the-shelf tools (COTS) enable your enterprise to break down the barriers of engineering domains and extend enterprise collaboration, supply chain integration , and customer interactions.
Multiple Industries Served
Regardless of industry, OpenPDM Integrate works with most vendors to quickly, easily, and reliably integrate product data with virtually any system.
PROSTEP has over 25+ years of experience in the PLM sector. Founded in 1993 by leading companies in the German automotive and electrical industries, PROSTEP is headquartered in Darmstadt, Germany and maintains nine other branch offices worldwide along with its U.S. headquarters in Troy, MI.