What is OpenPDM Migrate?
OpenPDM Migrate is the platform that gives you the ability to organize the migration of existing PLM data from and old system to a new system via different methods depending on your use case. The platform allows you to migrate data ‘all at once’ (big bang) or if you need a longer transitional period, via temporary coexistence of the old and new systems.
With OpenPDM Migrate, you can virtually migrate any data including:
- CAD models and structures
- Item/ item revision and derived objects
- Forms, relations, datasets, and files
- BOM view revision and BOM lines
- Release status
- Change object
- Incremental changes
- Workflows and tasks
Why use OpenPDM Migrate?
Our proven connecters combined with best-in-class standards-based methodologies take the complexity out of migrations by using official system interfaces to connect and easily migrate data to Dassault 3DExperience.
- Allows multiple systems and data sources to be consolidated with packaging and parallelization of migration steps
- Bi-directional synchronization of data allows migration to be performed in smaller steps and delta information to be synchronized
- Advanced KPI reporting and migration cockpit for transparency and optimal process monitoring
- Optional CAD transformation, checking and healing
- Not only transfers data from the old system to the new system, but also (if required) adds enriched information based on other external sources such as file systems or ERP systems
- OpenPDM Migrate processes your data, brings it together, filters out the unimportant information and improves data quality
- Gives multiple options for the customer to define their migration strategy allowing you to move data and users together in order to achieve maximum performance
How it works
OpenPDM is the leading platform exclusively built to provide best in class standard access to connected systems. All connecters offer the the same interface allowing system specific technologies to be encapsulated. Only external and official standard interfaces are used guaranteeing smooth connectivity and migration of data between systems.
OpenPDM’s microservices architecture, separation of mapping engine and connectors, means you get the flexible integration of external migration tools from manufacturers!
OpenPDM Migrate is the toolset that has proven itself in the most complex projects enabling loss-free migration of older systems to the current releases of your PLM
Learn from our experts
Acquisition, Merger or Consolidation: Migrating to 3DEXPERIENCE
Best Practices in PLM Migrations
The OpenPDM Migration platform runs independent to PLM systems and there is NO customization needed in your current PLM.
Out-of-the box features and functionalities give OpenPDM the ability to adapt to your integration logic.
- CAx Integration/Migration
- SDM/ERP Integration/Migration
- PDM/PLM Integration/Migration
- OSLC, Web Services, STEP, XML and other Integration/Migration Solutions
Architecture: OpenPDM supports a micro service oriented architecture where every service can run standalone or in combination with one another. These services can be integrated in any process or engine.
Export/Import Worker: OpenPDM logic is part of the connector service and allows a boost in performance by reducing HTTP calls and direct access to backend specific API.
Mapping: OpenPDM can work standalone or integrated into any other service, supporting XML, Java, and Groovy mapping variants. New variants can easily be integrated.
OpenPDM has a distributed architecture based on microservices utilizing the OpenPDM Unified Component Architecture. Versioned PLM data (metadata, structures, and files) are handled by RESTful interfaces. Our business process engine uses the popular BPMN solution Camunda and is specialized to handle semantical data.
OpenPDM allows standard access to connected systems giving users the flexibility to integrate any number of systems, new or legacy.
Supported operations include:
- Query objects
- Create/Read/Update/Delete Business objects
- Create/Read/Update/Delete Relationships
- Check-In / Check-Out
- Login / Logout from backend
- Execute Transitions (change lifecycle states)
- Execute Workflows
- Modify Ownership/Security/Projects, etc.
- Download / Upload / Delete Files
- Bulk operational methods
Dassault Software & Services Partner
Our partnerships with leading PLM vendors ensure our powerful commercial off-the-shelf tools (COTS) enable your enterprise to break down the barriers of engineering domains and extend enterprise collaboration, supply chain integration, and customer interactions.
Multiple Industries Served
Regardless of industry, OpenPDM Integrate works with most vendors to quickly, easily, and reliably integrate product data with virtually any system.
PROSTEP has over 25+ years of experience in the PLM sector. Founded in 1993 by leading companies in the German automotive and electrical industries, PROSTEP is headquartered in Darmstadt, Germany and maintains nine other branch offices worldwide along with its U.S. headquarters in Troy, MI.